I sometimes wonder what a good snack would be that is beneficial to health rather than just something sweet. Here’s an easy recipe that has protein and a little sweet to it. I can definitely see this as a pre or post workout pick-me-up. I found it at Gimmesomeoven.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup(s) unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 Tbsp salted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flax seed(s), ground
- 1/2 Tbsp milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Makes about 20-25 balls.
Makes 25 balls and each are 1 WW PP+ each! Yes! Just 1 point!!!!!!