Another goodie found on Slender Kitchen. I have been trying to figure out a way to add oatmeal to my diet because I want my cholesterol lowered and I want to feel full.
Serving Size: a little over 1 cup
Nutritional Info: 286 calories, 13g of fat, 37g of carbohydrates, 6g of fiber, 10g of protein, 6g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 7 *
- 1 cup rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup no sugar added preserves, any flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray or use a crockpot liner.
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir together. You may want to melt the peanut butter a bit so it can be incorporated evenly.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Be careful the first few times you cook oatmeal in the slow cooker, because each slow cooker is a bit different and it can easily burn on the sides and bottom. If you notice this is happening, stir everything again and check to see if it is done. You will have to figure out the exact amount of time your slow cooker takes. Mine takes about 6.5 hours.