This is from Slender Kitchen and looks soooooo good!
Serving Size: 1 pepper
Nutritional Info: 250 calories, 11g of fat, 14.7g of carbohydrates, 4.5g of fiber, 21.2g of protein, 7.7 g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
- 6 poblano or bell peppers
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini, grated or finely diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 2 cups red or green enchilada sauce (16 oz.)
- 12 tbsp. part skim shredded mozzarella (3/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. For poblano peppers, make a slit across the pepper lengthwise and carefully remove the seeds. For bell peppers, cut off the top of the pepper and then remove any remaining seeds. Set in a prepared glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-6 minutes until fragrant and translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the turkey and cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Season with cumin, coriander, and salt/pepper if needed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and then stuff the mixture into the peppers. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into the baking dish and over the peppers. Top each pepper with 2 tbsp. of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until peppers have softened and cheese is melted. The sauce should be bubbling on the sides. If the cheese isn’t browned and you would like it to be, broil for the last 1-2 minutes.