1 cup mashed potato flakes
3 cups cauliflower flowerets
1 1/2 teaspoons whipped butter
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cups mushroom, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup beef gravy
3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray an 8-in. by 8-in. baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly mix mashed potato flakes with 1½ cups hot water. Add cauliflower and mix well. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes. Stir, re-cover, and microwave for 5 more minutes, or until potatoes have thickened and cauliflower is hot and soft. Add butter, ? tsp. salt, ? tsp. pepper and nutmeg. Thoroughly mash and mix.
3. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, mushrooms, onion, and remaining ? tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook, stir, and crumble beef about 6 minutes, until the beef is cooked through and the veggies are softened. Add the gravy, and stir well.
4. Transfer mixture to the baking pan. Evenly top with potato mixture.
5. Bake until topping has lightly browned, 30 – 35 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake until melted, about 2 minutes.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 356 Calories; 22g Fat (54.6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 406mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.