Here is a recipe that looked great. It is from MyRecipes.com and looks very yummy!
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Place beef in a large bowl; sprinkle with flour, tossing well to coat. Place beef mixture, carrot, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in an electric slow cooker. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through pepper); stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with thyme.
Calories from fat: 0.0%
Saturated fat: 3.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.