I love balsamic and I love chicken. This is a great idea. I found it at Diabetic Living Online. I really love that site.
SERVING SIZE: 1 chicken breast half
- 4small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total)
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4cup dry red wine or water
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. If desired, place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a small bowl, combine paprika, oil, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; mix well until it becomes a paste. Rub both sides of each chicken beast half with paste mixture. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated chicken in prepared pan; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Drizzle chicken with wine. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 170 degrees F and the juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking. (If chicken has been pounded, bake about 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking.)
4. Remove from oven. Immediately drizzle vinegar onto chicken in the baking pan. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir the liquid in the baking pan and drizzle over chicken. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary. Makes 4 chicken breast halves.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- cal.(kcal): 181
- Fat, total(g): 5
- chol.(mg): 66
- sat. fat(g): 1
- carb.(g): 3
- fiber(g): 1
- pro.(g): 27
- sodium(mg): 62
- Lean Meat(d.e): 4
- Fat(d.e): 1
- Carb Choice(d.e): 0
- Recipe: Balsamic and Honey-Glazed Chicken with Minted Carrots and Potatoes (thefoodaddictblogger.wordpress.com)
- 10 Healthy Ways to Wake Up Chicken (skinnyminicoach.wordpress.com)
- Balsamic, Garlic & Basil Marinated Chicken leg. (eazypaleo.wordpress.com)