This is inspired by The Neelys’ recipe on Food Network.
6 each tomatoes
2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 ounces goat cheese
2 ounces neufchatel cheese
1 1/2 cups orzo, cooked
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Cut the tomatoes and core them, removing all the seeds and juice.
3. In a medium bowl add the onions, basil, goat cheese and neufchatel cheese. Mix and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cooked orzo and combine. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture. Top the tomatoes with the Parmesan and Italian bread crumbs. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes.
4. Place the tomatoes directly on the grill with the cover closed and cook for 10 minutes. The juices will begin to run. Remove from grill and place on platter.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 349 Calories; 15g Fat (38.6% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol; 215mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
- Summer mix: Basil Risotto Stuffed Tomatoes (fighttheinnerfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Recipe of the Week: Grilled Mediterranean Pizza (kingfeaturesweeklyservice.wordpress.com)
- Surprising Foods to Throw On the Barbie (jacamoblog.co.uk)
- Grilled Pizza (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Grilled aubergine rounds with two cheeses and a tomato topping (robin-ellis.net)