It is amazing how different your body processes food after you have eaten right for a while. What do I mean? I was used to eating junk. My body was used to processing it. It was the norm. I have eaten healthier and my body seems to like it. The other day I was having a fast food craving so I did get it. It wasn’t over the top. It was a burger and fries. It wasn’t over my calorie count because I had been in a deficit for the week so it was alright to do this calorie-wise. Well, let’s just say that my body wasn’t so sure about it. It was unhappy with this food. I ended up getting a belly ache. I felt nauseous. All over a fast food burger. I have fixed a burger at home since eating healthier and it was fine. Maybe it was the fried fries. I don’t know. But let me tell you, I learned to not do that again!
It was nice and not so nice. I was kind of glad my body revolted. It let me know that I should eat better and that my body prefers that. So while I may crave junk sometimes, my body doesn’t really want it. My head does. And that is an interesting thought. It is interesting where these cravings are coming from. It’s not my body at all; it is my brain. I am going to have to check on this to see if there are studies on this. I found it fascinating.
I can also still have fast food. I just have to make better choices. Wendy’s has a grilled chicken sandwich that is awesome. They also have some great salads. Yes, they are more expensive than your typical fast food meal, but they are really good. That is how I learned that I love raspberry pomegranate vinaigrette dressing. Not bad calorie-wise and very tasty. You can also get a baked potato at Wendy’s, as well as chili. Hardee’s has a turkey burger now. I tried one the other day. It was so-so. I thought it needed to be cooked more to get a char on the outside. The texture was “off” if you know what I mean. Also, I felt the flavor should have been punched up. It was a little bland. Turkey isn’t a flavorful meat so this was not my burger of choice. We don’t have a Burger King close by or I’d get veggie burgers if I was eating out.
- How to break your food addictions, take some baby steps! (veganfatloss.wordpress.com)
- Why, in the battle between french fries and a salad, do the french fries always win (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Top 10 Most Unhealthy Fast Foods (toptenz.net)
- What Your Favorite Fast Food Says About You (coed.com)
- Fast Food As Addictive As Heroin, Study Confirms (undergroundhealth.com)
- No Junk July (changeispossibleblog.wordpress.com)
- First Journey: Health (gypsythree.wordpress.com)
- What To Order At Fast Food Restaurants: Say Whatttt (misstrong.com)
- Diners badly underestimate calories in fast-food meals (usatoday.com)
- What Has The Most Calories At Fast Food Joints? (mix1065fm.cbslocal.com)