I love pineapples, avocadoes and salsa! Why not put them together?! This is pretty low-cal and very healthy! It packs a punch with flavor as well.
14 ounces crushed pineapple in juice, drain
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
kosher salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and cubed
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Drain the pineapple as much as possible but reserve the liquid.
2. In a bowl, mix together mix the other ingredients. If you want to add liquid to this to give more watery consistency, you can. If not, drink the juice!
3. Serve with chips or anything else!
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 102 Calories; 5g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Side Note: I usually don’t even add salt and pepper and use very little cilantro. Cilantro is a strong flavor for me and I can only take a little at a time.
- Foodie Friday: Pineapple Mango Salsa (oncloudcoco.wordpress.com)
- Raw Veggie & Hummus Kale Wraps with Blackberry Salsa (julesorganicliving.com)
- pineapple salsa with cilantro (justblitherblather.wordpress.com)
- Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Relish and Corn Salsa (iflookscouldkale.com)
- Yogurt Grilled Chicken Breast with Pineapple Roasted Red Pepper Salsa (inspirationsfinecatering.wordpress.com)