Saw these on Eating Well and thought what a delicious sounding snack or party food or even side dish. So see what you think!
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot with your fave marinara sauce.
Per serving: 127 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 427 mg sodium; 524 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries (hansvoslooblog.wordpress.com)
- Scrumptious Baked Zucchini Chips! (desire2change1.wordpress.com)
- Ditch the Potatoes! The Best (Baked) Zucchini Fries Recipe (illustratednutrition.com)
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries (kimmiecats.wordpress.com)
- Baked Summer Squash and Corn Cornmeal Fritters (cookingwiththeking.com)
- Zucchini – Whatever Floats Your Boat! (2cookinmamas.wordpress.com)
- BBQ Sides: Zucchini! (annisaamag.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini “Fries” for a Healthy Snack this Summer! (whydofive.wordpress.com)