Another recipe received from this new site. I have added some substitution ideas.
16 ounces mixed greens
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
1/3 cup goat cheese
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
olive oil spray
1/2 tablespoon herbs, Italian
1/4 cup Vinaigrette, balsamic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray metal baking sheet with the oil spray. Spread out squash into a single layer on baking sheet and spray squash with olive oil then sprinkle with [sea] salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. (You can add fresh herbs if you have any on hand. I added fresh basil and parsley in combination with the dried spices).
2. Bake squash for 30 mins turning over halfway through. Squash will be done when they’re tender with a little crisp, and a melt in-your-mouth bite.
3. Place baby greens in large bowl and add squash, goat cheese, walnuts and dried cranberries.
4. Drizzle each serving with a desired amount of dressing.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 9g Fat (36.3% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 39mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Notes: You can substitute pecans for the walnuts and yellow raisins for cranberries.
- B.s. fries – butternut squash fries (ovenhappy.net)
- Delicious Sides – Rosemary Garlic Butternut Squash Fries (fitnfabfoody.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Thyme (thekillerdiet.com)
- Butternut Squash Pizza (lotusrayshealing.wordpress.com)
- dairy-free butternut squash quinoa mock risotto (daybydaymasterpiece.com)
- Mango and Butternut Squash Soup – the Edward Daniel EthiVegan Blog (theedwarddanielethiveganblog.wordpress.com)