I know lasagna is kinda heavy for warmer months, but this is veggie filled and low-cal. I found it on a new site for me. This is completely their recipe except for the fact that they said to make it 12 servings and I thought it was low-cal enough to make it 9. Each serving is still under 250 calories! Enjoy!!!!!! Hell, you can even eat a piece of bread with this since you’re saving so many calories!
1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
3 large zucchini, peeled and sliced
2 packages frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1 jar pasta sauce
1 cup bell peppers, chopped
1 cup onions, chopped
15 ounces ricotta cheese, part skim milk
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place thin slices of zucchini and eggplant on foil lined baking sheets. Brush each side of the zucchin and eggplant with extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy.
2. In large sauce pan sauté mixed veggies (peppers and onions) in 1 tbsp olive oil for 1 min. Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden. Add sauce, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, spray large lasagna pan with olive oil spray. Mix ricotta cheese, egg (slightly beaten) and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of lasagna pan. Layer 1/2 of total quantities of each: eggplant, zucchini, spinach, ricotta cheese mix, mozzarella cheese, then sauce – in that order. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for about 30 mins. Let cool 10 mintues before eating.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 212 Calories; 14g Fat (56.8% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 50mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
- Recipe Friday – Spring Vegetable Lasagna (noexcuseshealth.wordpress.com)
- Vegetable Lasagna: Vegetarian Recipes for Carnivorous Families (heidihesssaxton.wordpress.com)
- Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups (michellehickox.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Veggie Stack with Basil (news.health.com)
- Eggplant Zucchini Lasagna (fishofalltrades.wordpress.com)
- Lasagna without noodles?! Sign me up! (ripoffmydinnerideas.wordpress.com)
- Enchilada lasagna (slideshare.net)
- Simply Solli’s Summer Lasagna Recipe (simplysolli.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Lasagna (saracathleen.wordpress.com)
- Veggie lasagna (cheftoponkumer.wordpress.com)