I was looking at various recipes and they didn’t look right. So here is my version.
1 large red potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 small red onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large zucchini, shredded
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 tsp. salt and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
2. In a 10-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Add potato, zucchini, rosemary and remaining 1 tsp. salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with a fork. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet and stir to blend. Cook undisturbed over medium heat until side begins to set but center is still wet and bubbling, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
4. Place skillet in oven and cook until eggs are set, rotating pan once for even cooking, about 10 minutes. To serve, loosen frittata from skillet and cut into wedges from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 101 Calories; 6g Fat (49.8% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 543mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
- Garden Frittata (cookingwithanne.com)
- Oven “Fried” Zucchini Sticks (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Garlic Zucchini Spaghetti with Italian Chicken Sausage, Tomatoes, Basil and Roasted Potatoes (inspiralized.com)
- Easy BBQ Sides (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Fresh corn and zucchini frittata (saffronandhoney.com)
- Meatless Monday: Zucchini Frittata (health4earth.com)
- Meals Made Easy: Zucchini, Tomato & Ricotta Frittata (bostonmamas.com)
- easiest frittata ever. (stephanietraining.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Parmesan Fritatta (yummynummymummy.wordpress.com)