Summer time is almost here. I generally don’t eat dessert too often. I prefer savory items. But being Southern, I love some peaches! I found a recipe that was for apple pie egg rolls and thought that it sounded good. But wouldn’t peaches be better?! So here ya go!
10 each egg roll wrappers
4 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 whole lemon, juiced
3 1/2 each fresh peaches, whole, med., peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together the peaches, sugar and lemon. Add the flour, spices and salt. Stir until well combined.
4. Beat your egg in a separate bowl.
5. Take one egg roll wrapper, lay it out on a cutting board and brush egg wash around each edge. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of peach filling towards one edge of the wrapper, leaving little border. Fold in the sides and roll up the egg roll tightly. Place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat the step above as many time as needed.
6. Bake for 20 minutes then rush each egg roll with melted butter and sprinkle each with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serves: 1 egg roll each/10 servings
3 WW Points each
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 162 Calories; 2g Fat (8.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 275mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
- Blueberry Pie Egg Rolls and Lucky Leaf “Good Things Come to Those Who Pin!” Contest (thedomesticrebel.com)
- Kind of Old Fashioned: Peach Cobbler (dishdestination.com)
- Southwestern Egg Rolls, Southwestern Salad and Cilantro Lime Dressing (thefinishedplate.wordpress.com)
- Tasty Tuesday: Baked Chick’n Egg Rolls (kathyrasmussen.com)
- In side my Mac and cheese egg rolls (nortononfood.wordpress.com)