These are not sweet-sweet potatoes. They’re savory. They play well with the sweetness of the potato. A nice counter-balance. I love sweet ones but sometimes a change is nice.
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic
olive oil spray
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
1 tablespoon light sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place cloves of garlic in aluminum foil and spray with olive oil spray and make a packet. Roast in oven at 450 for 30 minutes.
2. Boil sweet potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain.
3. While still warm place potatoes and garlic in a bowl. Add butter, milk and sour cream. Either whip with mixer or use potato masher to mash. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 5g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 14mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- Sweet Potato Hash (dontforgetchristine.wordpress.com)
- I Yam What I Yam. Unless I’m a Sweet Potato (hartsatsea.typepad.com)