2 bunches kale, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
red pepper flakes, to taste
salt, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic, shallots and kale. Saute until slightly tender and bright green. (You don’t want it limp.)
2. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
Notes: You can just use regular black pepper if you like and leave out the red pepper flakes. If you want less olive oil, please do so. It will lower the calorie count.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 169 Calories; 14g Fat (70.5% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 31mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
- Kale & Roasted Butternut Squash Salad (alexeatsgreen.com)
- Fight Food Fatigue (massageenvy.com)
- Chicken and Kale Burgers (deuxchicago.wordpress.com)