I’m sure if you read my blog at all you have noticed I am not a big fan of dessert. I am sure there are a lot of people who see me and would be like really?! I prefer savory food for the most part. But this recipe I saw on Eating Well caught my eye and made me drool! I want these NOW!!!! Don’t you?!
- 1/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon 100% fruit jam, such as raspberry or cherry (My choice would be strawberry)
- Combine melted chocolate and ricotta in a small bowl. Spoon a scant 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each chocolate wafer and top with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per cheesecake: 61 calories; 3 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
- 4 Ingredient SKINNY Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse (backforsecondsblog.com)
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Cups by Dr. Oz (zeusdreamcaster.wordpress.com)