I love potato soup! Comfort food made easy! I got this from www.myrecipes.com.
3 slices bacon
1 cup onion, chopped
3 pounds baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
1/2 cup water
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups 1% low-fat milk
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
4 teaspoons chives, chopped
1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Add onion to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Place potato slices and onion in a 5-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in milk and 3/4 cup cheese. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and chives.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 264 Calories; 8g Fat (26.0% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 328mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- Potato Casserole with Bacon and Caramelized Onion (kcet.org)
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Potato Soup (whatchamakinnow.blogspot.com)
- Crock Pot Potato Soup (donteatdirt.com)
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (jailavie.com)
- Loaded Bake Potato Soup Crock Pot Style (sweetheatchefs.com)
- Roasted Root Vegetable Soup #SoupLove (jenawix.wordpress.com)
- Frontier Soups Introduces New Four Pack of Healthy Comfort Food (prweb.com)