I found this recipe on Cooking Light and thought it was really delicious sounding! It is also pretty versatile. I can see doing this with a lot of different veggies. Can’t you?
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, bottled
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Place in a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; sprinkle with salt, garlic, and pepper, tossing to coat. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 57 Calories; 4g Fat (49.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 237mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Notes: This would work well with other vegetables as well!
- Roasted Asparagus & Oven Roasted Asparagus | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Monday Munchies – Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (homegrownjoy.wordpress.com)
- Balsamic Portobellos with Wilted Spinach (lattesandleggings.com)
- Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts (fork-lore.com)
- Roasted asparagus with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (relovedrecipes.wordpress.com)