Clinton Kelly made a mushroom burger on The Chew on Monday that looked so delicious! I absolutely wanted it. Here is the recipe, with a few of my edits. If you want to see his untouched recipe, go the their site.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pound button mushrooms, roughly chopped
1/4 pound Portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup quick cooking oats, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup carrots, grated
2 medium eggs, beaten
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
6 each hamburger buns, low-calorie
1. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and toss to coat. Season with a large pinch of salt, pepper flakes, and a few cracks of black pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and season again. You may need to add more oil if the pan seems dry. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the onions are soft and the mushrooms begin to color.
2. Pour the mushrooms and onions into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, parmesan, breadcrumbs, carrot, eggs, parsley and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and form into patties.
3. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil spray. Carefully put the patties in the pan, working in batches if necessary so as not to overcrowd. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Toast the buns and add a burger patty to each.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 377 Calories; 13g Fat (29.1% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 467mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
- #MeatlessMonday: Mushrooms Make a Tasty Alternative (self.com)
- Portobello Mushroom Burger with Sun dried Tomatoes (wildfox.typepad.com)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Bento #41 (theroxxbox.com)