3/4 pound ground turkey, `
1 medium onion, chopped
28 ounces tomatoes, canned, diced
3 ounces green chiles
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
28 ounces pinto beans, canned, drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cans enchilada sauce
12 each corn tortillas, cut into strips
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, lowfat, shredded
3/4 cup sour cream, light
1. Brown turkey with onion in non-stick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the turkey mixture with the tomatoes, green chiles, mushrooms, pinto beans, corn, spinach, chili powder, cumin, and enchilada sauce. Mix well.
3. Begin assembly in a 9×13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Put down a little of the mixture on bottom. Add a layer of corn tortillas. Top tortillas with turkey mixture. Top that with a layer of cheddar. Continue layering like this until you are out of these ingredients, making sure to end with cheddar. Cover with foil before baking.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Allow to cool approximately 10-15 minutes before serving.
5. Top each serving with sour cream
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 419 Calories; 15g Fat (30.4% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 973mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
10 WW PP+
Note: You can definitely make this without the turkey and save 65 calories per serving and make it vegetarian. It also takes one of the meats out of the exchanges so this is something to consider!
Also, if you don’t have pinto beans, use black beans or kidney beans. They work, too!
- Mexican Lasagna Recipe (stevesacooking.com)
- Amy’s Chili (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Mozzarella and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Crowdpleasing Enchilada Casserole (shinycopperpig.com)
- M-m-m-myyyy Enchiladas: Chili and Cheese and Black Beans, oh my! (agirlinthesouth.com)
- Lazy Girl’s Enchilada Pie (redtri.com)
- Southwest Chicken Salad (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin and spinach lasagna (charlotte.news14.com)