I was not a fan of brussels sprouts growing up. Hell, I wasn’t a fan into most of adulthood. In the last five or six years I have started loving them. Really nutritious and powerful flavor that I now love! Of course Cooking Light came to the rescue with a yummy recipe that I think you’ll love!
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
6 cloves garlic, sliced
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and sauté for 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan (discard the remaining drippings).
2. Return pan to medium-high heat, and stir in bacon, shallot, and Brussels sprouts; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until the broth mostly evaporates and the sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 99 Calories; 4g Fat (29.7% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 268mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat
- Brussel Sprouts & Brussel Sprouts Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- “Eat Your Brussels Sprouts!” (dishranawaywiththespoon.com)
- Pasta with bacon and brussels sprouts (takingnotesandpictures.wordpress.com)
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts (itseasybeingvegan.com)
- The Best Brussels Sprouts You’ll Ever Have (joannagoddard.blogspot.com)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts (43fitness.com)