I want this!!!!!! Now! Cooking Light has done it again. Love them. 🙂
1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C
1 1/2 tablespoons thyme, fresh
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup dried figs, finely chopped
1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium; add butter to pan. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and figs. Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes). Add 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut chicken breast halves lengthwise on the diagonal into slices. Serve sauce over chicken.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 311 Calories; 11g Fat (30.2% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 571mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
- fresh roasted figs with balsamic honey (thespicystiletto.com)
- What Is The “Real” Balsamic Vinegar? (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Slow Cooker Chicken With Balsamic & Tomatoes (redtri.com)
- Chicken Marsala (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Balsamic Maple Glazed Pork Chops (anythingfood.wordpress.com)
- Balsamic glazed chicken breast with onions (loveloveat.wordpress.com)