I love chocolate chip pumpkin muffins! They taste like fall! I don’t always add the ginger or allspice. Sometimes I kick up the cinnamon. And sometimes if I want them even more moist I will add 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
This recipe was originally from Taste of Home. But as I stated above, I adapt it to whatever I want at the time.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 210 Calories; 6g Fat (25.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 27mg Cholesterol; 314mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
- Pumpkin Muffin Monday (cloverandthyme.com)
- Chocolate Chip Honey Pumpkin Muffins (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Sneaky Squash Muffins (mindfulmomma.typepad.com)
- Box Delights: Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips (shalamajackson.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins (blondeambitionblog.net)