One pot? Not too difficult? Yum!
2 pounds stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups mushroom, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can beef broth
3 cups water
4 cups egg noodles
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 package onion soup mix
1 package frozen peas
1/2 cup half-and-half, fat free
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup light sour cream
1. Cut meat into bite size pieces. In Dutch oven heat olive oil. Add in meat and mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is brown (10 to 12 minutes). Remove meat mixture and allow to drain on paper towels.
2. Add broth, water pepper, onion powder, soup mix, and pasta. Reduce heat simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes until noodles are done (15 to 20 minutes). Add meat back into mixture.
3. Combine corn starch and half and half. Stir into beef noodle mixture and simmer until slightly thickened. Also add sour cream.
Suggestions: If you like herbs, add some rosemary, thyme, or parsley. It goes well with something like this!
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 495 Calories; 26g Fat (51.1% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 963mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Note: If you want to tone down the meat in this stroganoff and still get the “stroganoff-effect” you can use Portobello and/or meat crumble substitutes. Or just reduce the amount of beef and use extra mushrooms and maybe use pearl onions.
- Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe | Eating Well (meanass.wordpress.com)
- Re-Inventing The Meal (athomewoman.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- ~ A Creamy, Weeknight Beef Stroganoff Casserole ~ (kitchenencounters.typepad.com)
- Beef broth soup with onions (mamapaleo.wordpress.com)