I found a great blog that had a year of slow cooking recipes. How cool is that? A whole year! It is Stephanie O’Dea’s blog and it is really good! The recipe that got me hooked was the Autumn Sausage Casserole. It just looked so good! I did make some adjustments to suit my tastes. But that is the fun of a recipe!
3/4 pound chicken and apple sausage
1 large apple, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped fine
3 cups rice, cooked
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup chicken broth
salt, to taste
1. Brown sausage in skillet and break up loosely.
2. Dump all the ingredients into the crock pot, and stir well.
3. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 459 Calories; 3g Fat (5.7% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 90g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 367mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Corn Risotto (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Autumnal sausage casserole (rhiarti.wordpress.com)
- Layered Mexican Casserole Recipe with Chicken, Green Chiles, Pinto Beans, and Cheese (kalynskitchen.com)
- Polenta Casserole (themodernhomekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Revenge of the Leftovers and Write-offs (1fatgirlshrinking.com)