Here is another Skinnytaste.com recipe. I added eggs to it and adjusted calories. It sounded good. This site is a new fave!
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
kosher salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1 pound chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, R-T-C
8 ounces mixed greens
1/2 each bell pepper
1/2 each red onion slice
2 each eggs, hard-boiled
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine: lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic, kosher salt & pepper with chicken breasts and allow to marinate for approximately 4 hours.
2. Cook chicken on hot grill inside or outside or in hot skillet until completely done.
3. In a blender, place basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, shallots, water, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Blend until well blended.
4. Divide greens, onions, pepper, eggs, and chicken onto four plates. Dress salad. Serve!
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 260 Calories; 13g Fat (43.5% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 175mg Cholesterol; 107mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
- What We Spent and What We Ate: Cheap Dinners and Cheap Shots (phoenixfoodfighters.com)