Yum! Easy crock pot corn risotto! Goes with soooooo many things. Don’t you think this sounds good?
1 1/4 cups arborio rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon onion flakes
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
16 ounces frozen corn
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Put the tablespoon of olive oil into the bottom of the crockpot, and swirl the rice and the onion flakes in it.
2. Chop the garlic and add, along with the salt and cayenne pepper. Add the frozen corn and the broth. Stir well. Drop in a pat of butter.
3. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours, checking every 45 minutes or so. This is done when the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender.
4. Unplug, and add the cream and parmesan cheese. Cover for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts completely.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 295 Calories; 7g Fat (20.8% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 9mg Cholesterol; 960mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.
- Crocktoberfest: Submit Your Fall Crock Pot Recipes (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Butternut Squash Risotto With Saffron And Honey (romancingthebee.com)