This is often requested at work. I haven’t made it for them in a while. If they behave, I might make it for them. Two key words in that last sentence. 😉 This is very filling and DELICIOUS! Sometimes I top with a smidge of sour cream and a bit of cheddar and then throw some corn chips in it. So flipping good that way!
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 large onion, diced
1/4 cup carrots, diced fine
1 1/2 packages prepared chili seasoning mix , you pick the hotness
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
28 ounces crushed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Brown beef and turkey with onion and carrots. Drain.
2. In a large pot add meat mixture with all of the other ingredients except cinnamon. Stir well.
3. Simmer until the ingredients have come to the consistency desired.
4. Add cinnamon and simmer about 10 minutes more to allow the cinnamon to infuse into the chili.
5. Serve hot!
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 285 Calories; 9g Fat (27.0% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 148mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
- Rob’s Slow Cooker Chili (radaronelson.wordpress.com)
- It’s Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Fall: Chili and Apple Cider Recipes, Please! (caridwen.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato Chili with Cinnamon Sour Cream (strawberryginger.com)
- Veggie Chili… The easy/inkdgirl way! (shrinkinginkdgirl.com)
- Taco Soup (ngnrdgrl.wordpress.com)