- 1/2 pound uncooked penne rigate
- 2 cups shredded skinless chicken (8 oz)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken and next 5 ingredients (through tomato); toss well to combine.
Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 121mg
Tip: If you are like me and making this using frozen corn, microwave it for a minute or 2 and then let it dry on a paper towel before using it. This will get the moisture off.
Note: I always salt my pasta water. I don’t care what Cooking Light says about this, this is when the pasta gets flavored. Once the pasta is cooked, it’s not going to flavor properly.
This, of course, is another Cooking Light delight!